FREE Canadian Citizenship Test 2020

Criminal Inadmissibility Problems

Persons who are otherwise qualified to enter Canada as permanent residents, temporary workers, international students, or visitors may be denied entry if they (or their dependents) are determined to be criminally inadmissible by a Canadian Immigration Officer.

If you have been found criminally inadmissible to Canada, or you think you may be inadmissible, it is important to know that you still have options.

Types of crimes that may cause an issue with entry to Canada

Depending on the nature of the incident, offences as seemingly minor as driving violations may render you inadmissible to Canada. You will need to know if past criminality will prevent you from entering Canada, and what steps to take before and during your Canadian immigration or visa application process in order to be permitted entry to Canada.

Some examples of convictions that could make you inadmissible to Canada include: DUI, DWAI, Theft, Petty Theft/Larceny, Assault, Drunk & Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Justice, Possession of marijuana, cocaine or other controlled substances/drugs, and cautions (issued in the United Kingdom).

Drinking and driving, or driving while under the influence are common offences that visitors or applicants may not realize can lead to a refusal of their application, or in their being refused entry to Canada.

Obtain permission to enter Canada

If warranted in your particular situation, we can do the following:

Application for Rehabilitation.

If more than five years have elapsed since the completion of any sentence imposed and there have been no subsequent convictions, we can represent you in an application for a rehabilitation order.

Application for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

If less than five years have elapsed since the completion of any sentence imposed, we can represent you in an application for a TRP.

Deemed Rehabilitation : If you were only convicted of one offence and the equivalent Canadian offence does not carry a maximum sentence of 10 years or more you are deemed to have been rehabilitated. No application is required.

Free Assessment

Find out your options for immigration to Canada by completing a free online assessment.

Contact Us